Adam seems to be recovering very well from his surgery. His incision seems to be healing nicely, and he is on the go now, crawling everywhere. He recovered much more quickly than we had expected.
Biopsy results? Well, we’re still waiting on that. Pathology was supposed to have something by this morning, but now it’s looking like Friday possibly. Our understanding is that they are having some difficulties with analyzing the tumor sample, because it was mostly dead; which is good news because it means that the treatment is working, but also bad news because we really really need to know the tumor DNA and whether it is NMYC amplified. This would significantly affect the course of treatment. We also just found out that within the intermediate risk category there is a designation of favorable vs. unfavorable tumors. Unfavorable tumors have a higher chance of relapse later. We are not sure yet if Adam’s tumor has this classification. Please pray for the biopsy to be completed soon, and that the result would indicate a good outcome.
Though the biopsy results are not yet available, his oncologist recommended proceeding with treatment as originally planned (intermediate risk). Therefore, Adam started chemo cycle 3 today. This cycle will continue for 2 more days, all outpatient visits.
Thank you all for your patience and faithfulness to continue following our blog. Know that while we may not be posting to the website every day, this only means that things are going well and we are enjoying our time at home with Adam. We had a relaxing time in the park on last Sunday. Thank you so much for continuing to pray for us.