Adam will be undergoing a surgery tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/28) to remove the primary tumor by his adrenal gland/kidney area. This tumor is a little bigger than a golf ball, and will be a rather complex surgical procedure with a lot of blood vessel and organ involvement. It will be an open procedure with a 4-6 inch horizontal incision in his abdomen.
Additionally, one of the cancererous areas of his liver will be biopsied in the event that his tumor is necrotic (dead) and they are unable to obtain a viable tissue sample. A bone marrow sample will also be taken from his hip bones so they can analyze how much cancer still remains in his bones.
The procedure will begin at 7:30 am, but we need to check in for surgery prep at 5:30 am. Adam also needs to fast starting at 3:30 am.
Please pray for:
- The surgeon and the surgical team
- A clean removal of the tumor, with no damage to any blood vessels or surrounding organs
- That 100% of the primary tumor could be removed
- That Adam would tolerate the procedure well, not be in too much pain, and be able to recover quickly
- That Adam would regain his eating again after the surgery (he’s been eating well all week)
- That we wouldn’t have to stay too long in the hospital (minimum will probably be 3 days, maximum one week)
- That we would not be too anxious or worried, but rather we would trust in the Lord to care for Adam before, during, and after the surgery
We love you all and thank you for continuing to pray for us. ?